Just an easy outfit to share with you guys today – we’re still recovering in waves over here so my outfits lately have been the sort that are easy to throw on and comfortable. Aaaand it even warmed up enough today for me to don a pair of flats instead of socks and shoes or boots. Just the sort of thing to lift the spirits after a week of laying low.
This sweater is a very cozy cashmere, and a recent addition to my wardrobe.
I have been on the lookout for this colorway in a breton strip for a good long while, and I was happy to stumble upon this one from Naadam earlier this month.
It’s a really good weight, and very soft… exactly what I was looking for.
I’m feeling good about the purchases I’ve made so far this year, none of them have been impulse purchases and I’ve been using the “sell to buy” trick using my earnings from Poshmark… an excellent way to stay in budget with clothing purchases and weed out impulsive purchases.
Another way that I’m curbing the impulsiveness of online shopping is to have a shopping day every week. That sounds a bit funny, but here’s how it works:
if I have an impulse to buy something during the week I’ll add it to a wish list.
On Friday I go through that list, and if I still want the things I’ve added I’ll make the decision to either buy it or hold off for another week. Most of the time when I revisit those items I’m not even interested anymore, but if it’s something like this sweater – something I’ve had on my wish list for awhile – I can make the decision to purchase it with a level, clear head. No emotions involved!
Anyway, this sweater has been a highly anticipated, happy addition to my wardrobe and I’m looking forward to it’s use in my wardrobe. You really can’t go wrong with breton stripes and a pair of denim and it’s what I reach for pretty consistently on days when I can’t think too much about what I’m going to wear.
Do you have a formula for those types of days?
My flats are from Kaitlyn Pan | The jeans are an older style from Agolde so I linked similar | My necklace was gifted from Sela Designs. It doesn’t look like it’s available anymore so I linked to a similar option
Here’s what’s in my winter progressive capsule wardrobe so far:
- Old J. Crew Camel sweater coat
- Agolde Riley Distressed Jeans
- Veja Venturi Sneakers x2
- Babaa Cardigan no23
- Everlane Breton Stripe Tee
- Everlane Washed Black 90’s Cheeky Jeans
- Black High Top Converse x3
- Banana Republic Green Cropped Puffer Coat
- Madewell ribbed long sleeve tee
- Agolde Washed Black 90’s Jeans
- Girlfriend Black Puffer Coat
- Everlane Cloud Turtleneck (color is old)
- Alo Yoga Gravel Leggings
- Knotty Ones Cable Knit Sweater
- Levi’s Wedgie Icon Jeans
- Banana Republic Striped Sweater
- Old Everlane Ballet Flats
- Old Everlane Trench Coat
- Reformation Cashmere Sweater
- Everlane white 90’s cheeky jeans
- Converse off white sneakers
- Grey State Apparel henley tee
- Lattelier store green puffer coat
- Alo Yoga Dark Olive Leggings
- Old J. Crew Breton Stripe Half Zip Sweater
- Agolde pinch waist straight leg jeans
- Ba&sh wide leg jeans
- Tradlands striped long sleeve tee
- Ozma Cardigan
- Agolde Riley Jeans
- J. Crew Sneakers
- Old J. Crew long sleeve tee
- Madewell bodysuit
- Jenni Kayne cable knit cocoon cardigan
- Everlane way high jeans
- Sezane hooded sweater
- AYR wide leg jeans
- Madewell plaid coat
- Everlane striped sweatshirt
- Black Lululemon Align leggings
- AYR Wide Leg jeans
- Steve Madden Lug Boots
- Naadam Stripe Sweater
- Old Agolde Remy Jeans
- Kaitlyn Pan Two Tone Flats
- J. Crew Black Wool Coat
Until next time,