Hi there! My name is Karin, and welcome to my blog! I just love to connect with new readers (aka friends), and I’m so glad you’re here. Leave a comment below and introduce yourself! I’d love to get to know you more.
I take pride in the fact that I have been able to cultivate a kind, supportive, and uplifting community here at Karin Emily. That seems increasingly rare in this polarized world we live in so sit back, take a deep breath, and enjoy this space.
I started this blog about six months after my oldest, Kit, was born (she’s now six, and has been joined by twins Ella and Rosie, and supreme mischief maker Gabe) as a way to document my new endeavor of capsule wardrobes…
Whelp. Turns out capsule wardrobes weren’t for me ?, but this space has morphed into a place where I love to share my personal style, style tips, beauty recommendations, and occasionally motherhood… all umbrellaed under the concept of buying for the long haul (so in other words, I share the VERY best stuff so you can keep it for as long as possible… no junk here!).
My goal is to inspire you in your own personal style journeys to have confidence, success, and most importantly: FUN!
A few fun facts about me before I stop chewing your ear off:
- I LOVE being a mom, but I also think its SO hard and exhausting. I also think it’s okay to live with that dichotomy.
- I have my Master’s in Theology. My original plan was to get a PhD and pursue teaching/research, but those plans were put on hold when I had kids. I’m not sure what I want to do now, but that’s definitely still a possibility!
- Speaking of, I am a Christian but I classify myself as a homeless Christian. Ha! Basically that means that I am more conservative (in my faith) than most mainline denominations, but I take a different stance on things such as social justice, politics, etc. as the Evangelical Free church I grew up with (or I should say the members of the EFree church).
- I’m dairy free, and mostly sugar free because my body hates me and is allergic to all the good things. But I’m feeling better than I can ever remember feeling so I guess it’s worth it.
- I am also a dog mommy to a mini dachshund named Oscar who is probably more needy than my four human kids combined.
- I live in Minnesnowta. I’m not a native, but I’m pretty proud of myself for adapting to the frigid temps here. 🙂
Well now that we’ve gotten the awkard introduction out of the way (kidding!), I just want to say that I feel so fortunate to have this opportunity to connect with each and every one of you. I really can’t express just how grateful I am that you take the time to read my posts, comment, and create the community I’m so proud of.
All that to say: I’m so glad you stopped by… let’s have some fun!
Until next time,