Happy Monday friends!
I meant to get this up way earlier in the day, but 4 sick kids later and I’m just now sitting down to write this. Somehow that seems to be the way of things lately, but we just make the adjustment right?! I mentioned in my blog post on Sunday that my family is pursuing less stressful ways of living, and one of the major ways I’m doing that is to lift some of the rigid expectations I have of myself (more on that in a later post). And when my kids need me, I know you guys are gracious enough to wait. ♥️
BUT I am very excited to share this post with you today. It’s been a LONG time since I posted a capsule wardrobe on my blog, but all summer I’ve just been craving one more and more, and honestly? I feel that there’s no better time to do a capsule wardrobe than fall. Layers just LEND themselves to capsule wardrobes.
Times have changed though, and the last time I did a capsule wardrobe I was in a much different place in my life, and I’ve learned a ton about myself and my style/preferences since then.
One of the biggest things I’ve learned about myself is that the small number of clothing in a capsule wardrobe just isn’t for me. I like to have options and I feel limited with such a small amount of clothing. But with that said, I have learned what TYPES of clothing I like to wear. And as I started to pull my fall clothing out, I realized it all fit into very specific categories.
SO. I thought it would be fun to share those categories with you guys in the form of a capsule wardrobe so that if you want to follow along to whatever degree works for you then you can!
So basically: the capsule wardrobe below is comprised of the 35 categories of clothing I have in my wardrobe. So in reality, I have more clothing than those 35 pieces but as I share my capsule outfits I’ll include which category they fall into… which means you can do one of two things if you want to follow along:
you can do a true capsule wardrobe and just reach for similar pieces to my 35 OR if you’ve never wanted to do a capsule wardrobe because you felt like they were too rigid, you can do something similar to me.
With that said, I do want to say that I DID purge quite a lot from my wardrobe, and I did several rounds of purging until I was left with JUST the things I really loved/wanted to have in my wardrobe.
So even though I have more than the typical capsule number of clothes, I feel like I have the right amount for ME. I don’t feel stressed when I look in my closet and I feel like I’ll be able to get use out of everything. So I’d encourage you to also look beyond a specific number and just purge until you also feel comfortable with what you have left.
My plan is to start sharing outfits starting on Monday, October 4 which will hopefully give you enough time to pull together a capsule if you want to join in. At the end of this post, I’ll share 30 days of outfits from these 35 pieces so we can all work our way through the outfits together. 🙂
And because of the nature of what I do, there will still be new pieces coming in and out of my wardrobe so I’m thinking I’ll do some sort of end of month check in where I’ll share what was added/purged from my closet.
Okay then! Let’s get to my fall capsule wardrobe:
Shop my Capsule Categories:
A White Sleeve Tee
A White Blouse
A Top with a Fun Detail
A Sweater Vest
A Mid Length Cardigan
I also love my Babaa cardigan until it gets too cold (it doesn’t fit well under outerwear)
A Fall Maxi Dress
A “Cropped” Sweater
The one in the collage is from Babaa
A Turtleneck Sweater
A Slip Skirt
A Long Cardigan
A Printed Blouse
Most of my printed blouses are older styles from Doen
A Graphic Tee
A Breton Stripe Sweater
A Breton Stripe Tee
An Oversized Flannel
A Fun Dress
A “Cropped” Cardigan
Faux Leather Leggings
Dark Wash Jeans
Mid Wash Jeans
Light Wash Jeans
White Pants or Jeans
High Top Sneakers
Lace Up Boots
Comfy Slip Ons
Mine are old from Everlane
30 Days of Outfit Ideas:
- White long sleeve tee, mid wash jeans, and mules
- White blouse, black jeans, and comfy sneakers
- Fun detail tee, light wash jeans, comfy sneakers
- Sweater vest, white long sleeve tee, leather leggings, high top sneakers
- Mid length cardigan, graphic tee, light wash jeans, mules
- Oversized sweater, mid wash jeans, comfy sneakers
- Tee dress and high top sneakers
- Cropped sweater, mid wash jeans, comfy slip ons
- Turtleneck sweater, white pants, comfy sneakers
- Cropped sweater, slip skirt, and mules
- Graphic tee, long cardigan, mid wash jeans, mules
- Patterned blouse, black jeans, black ballet flats
- Breton stripe sweater, light wash jeans, comfy sneakers
- Breton stripe shirt, light wash jeans, comfy sneakers
- Flannel, mid wash jeans, lace up boots
- Fun dress, black lug boots
- Graphic sweatshirt, mid wash jeans, comfy sneakers
- Cropped cardigan, light wash jeans, black ballet flats
- White long sleeve tee, leather leggings, long cardigan, lug boots
- White long sleeve tee, flannel, black jeans, mules
- Turtleneck sweater, dark wash jeans, heeled boots
- Fun detail tee, mid wash jeans, mules
- Patterned blouse, light wash jeans, flats
- Cropped sweater, white pants, clogs
- White long sleeve tee, mid length cardigan, light wash jeans, comfy sneakers
- Tee dress and comfy sneakers
- Oversized sweater, faux leather leggings, comfy sneakers
- Graphic tee, long cardigan, black jeans, lug boots
- Breton stripe sweater, dark wash jeans, comfy slip ons
- Fun detail tee, dark wash jeans, mules
Okay that’s it for today you guys! Make to check back the first week in October to see how we’ll be styling these outfits. And if you decide to follow along, let me know in the comments and tag me on Instagram if you decide to share on there!
Until next time,